Enrich, Enhance, Extend, Empower
At Norwood Green Infant school, Computing is used to enrich, extend and enhance learning; empowering us for the future.
We aim to keep up with educational and technological developments in computing. We have a commitment to teachers having the necessary tools, for example, iPads, computers, cameras, laptops and interactive whiteboards to do their job effectively. Therefore, we are a school committed to change and the effective management of that change.
- We aim to ensure that all staff develop confidence and competence to use computing across the curriculum.
- Our Managed Learning Environment (MLE), Education City, engages pupils, parents and teachers in order to continue learning beyond the classroom.
- All classrooms are effectively equipped and the technology is used across the curriculum to support cross curricular learning.
- The school website will be informative, user-friendly and a showcase of the school's achievements.
The Vision has been divided into 3 areas.
Learners to use computing to enhance their learning, deepen their understanding and extend their love of learning beyond the classroom
Learners will be empowered to take control of their 'e-learning' and how to stay safe
To support and understand the e-learning of their children
To have access to information that allows them to support and develop their child so they can achieve their potential
To use computing routinely to improve efficiency in administration, planning, analysis of data and communication within the beyond school.
Teachers to use a wide range of computing to plan, deliver, assess, evaluate and improve the curriculum and promote a love of learning.
To be empowered to give our learners opportunities to learn in different ways through new technologies.
“Our interactive educational activities capture the attention of young learners with bright colours, catchy music and a lovable cast of characters - inspiring a lifelong love of learning”
- Education City Website 2014
- It is our new Managed Learning Environment (MLE)
- It is a web based tool that provides fun and engaging student activities.
- You will love it because the children will want to learn more through playing the interactive games and activities.
Your child has been provided with their own individual log in. Please see your class teacher if you need to access this.